Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Tis the Season for Book AwardsBEA, New York, June 5-7 2012, is the place to be. by Mary Greenwood
Spring has sprung and many of the book award contests announced their winners in May and others will announce their awards in June at the Book Expo America in New York.
May Book Awards
- The Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalists and Winners were announced on May 18, 2012, and a gala will be held June 4, 2012 at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. The first place winner in the fiction category was The Parsifal Pursuit by Michael McMenamin and Patrick McMenamin (Enigma Books.) The first place winner in the nonfiction category was Inner Visions, Grassroots Stories of Truth and Hope, by Jan Thrope (Orange Frazer Press.) Both winners will win a cash prize of $1500.00.
- The New York Book Festival will announce its book award winners after May 25, 2012. Later in June, there will be an awards ceremony at the famous literary Algonquin Hotel the evening before the annual Saturday Book Festival, usually held in Central Park.
The Book Expo America
The Book Expo America is in New York again this year on June 5-7. Many of the book awards will make their book award announcements a part of their festivities.
- The Ben Franklin Awards sponsored by the International Book Publishing Association (IBPA) will be announced at a gala awards ceremony on the last night of the Publishing University, just before the opening of BEA.
- The Independent Publisher Book Association Awards (IPPY) will announce their winners in May and present the awards at a ceremony on June 4 during BEA.
- The Third Annual International Book Awards (IBA) will announce their winners and finalists at the BEA.
4. The Indie Excellence Awards will announce their finalists and winners at the same time as the BEA.
The ForeWord Book of the Year Awards (BOTYA) are bucking the trend. They used to announce their awards at BEA, but now they announce them at the American Library Association’s Annual Conference and Exhibit, which is being held June 23, 2012 in Anaheim, California. This is appropriate because the awards are designed for booksellers and librarians to discover distinctive books across many genres.The finalists were already announced on April 2, 2012 and the winners will be announced on June 23, 2012
Congratulations to all the winners. May these awards make you famous and help you sell lots of books. Next month, I will list some of the winners of these awards.
Mary Greenwood, an Attorney, HR Director and Author of
How to Negotiate Like a Pro, Second Edition, published April 19, 2012
How to Interview Like a Pro, Winner of eleven book awards
How to Mediate Like a Pro, Winner of twelve book awards
How to Negotiate Like a Pro, Winner of six book awards