The Star Edition of How to Interview Like a Pro, 43 Rules For Getting the Job You Want is live.
How to Interview Like a Pro, winner of twelve book awards, has been relaunched by iUniverse in a special "Star Edition."
This is the third book in the "how to" series by Mary Greenwood, author of How to Negotiate Like a Pro, (second edition), winner of nine book awards, and How to Mediate Like a Pro, winner of twelve book awards.
Greenwood is currently working on her fourth "how to" book and is also working on a novel.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
How to Interview Like a Pro has a new cover for the Star Edition, which will be published in August.
How to Interview Like a Pro has already won twelve book awards, including the ForeWord, Indie Excellence, Reader Views, Next Generation Indie, Readers Favorites and International Book Awards.
How to Interview Like a Pro is printed by iUniverse, which is now part of the Penguin Group of Pearson Publishing, which is the largest book publisher in the world.
Monday, July 9, 2012
Who are the Winners of the Summer Book Awards?
_____Mary Greenwood, Author of How to Interview Like a Pro, winner of 12 book awards; How to Mediate Like a Pro, winner of 12 book awards; How to Negotiate Like a Pro, winner of 9 book awards. Visit Marygreenwood.org
- The Independent Publisher Book Association Awards (IPPY)presented their awards at a ceremony on June 4. Although there is no grand prize winner, there are twelve Outstanding Authors prizes as well as winners in each category. Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon (McPherson & Company) won in the Literary Fiction category and The Cult of Lego by John Baichtal and Joe Meno (No Starch Press) won in the Popular Culture/Leisure category.
- The Third Annual International Book Awards (IBA) announced their winners and finalists. (How to Interview Like a Pro and How to Negotiate Like a Pro, second edition, both were finalists.)
- The Indie Excellence Awards announced their winners in June. Wedlocked, A Novel, by Bonnie Trachtenberg (iUniverse), was the winner of the Chick-lit category, How to Negotiate Like a Pro (iUniverse) was the winner in the Self-Help category and After the Fog by Kathleen Shoop (CreateSpace) was the winner in Literary Fiction.
- The ForeWord Book of the Year Awards (BOTYA) announced their book awards at the American Library Association's Annual Conference and Exhibit, which was held June 23, 2012 in Anaheim, California. The Editor’s Choice Award for fiction went to All Cry Chaos by Leonard Rosen (The Permanent Press) and the award for nonfiction went to Logodaedaly by Erzsebet Gilbert (Wolverine Farm Publishing). Chelsea Green Publishing was named the Independent Publisher of the Year.
- The Readers Favorite Book Awards Finalists were announced on July 1 and the winners will be announced on September 1, 2012. The awards ceremony will be held in Miami during the Miami Book Festival International in November. How to Negotiate Like a Pro is a finalist in the Self-Help category.
- The Next Generation Indie Book Awards Winners' gala was held at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. The first place winner in the fiction category was The Parsifal Pursuit by Michael McMenamin and Patrick McMenamin (Enigma Books.) The first place winner in the nonfiction category was Inner Visions, Grassroots Stories of Truth and Hope, by Jan Thrope (Orange Frazer Press.) Both winners won a cash award of $1500.00
- The New York Book Festival announced its grand prize winner, Pot Farm by Mathew Gavin Frank (University of Nebraska Press) at the Grolier Club in New York City where he received grand prize of $1500.00
- The Ben Franklin Awards sponsored by the International Book Publishing Association (IBPA) announced their winners at a gala awards ceremony June 4. The award for popular fiction went to A Crooked Number, (Flat Rock Publishing) and for biography went to Damien, the Making of a Saint (Mutual Publishing.). There was no grand prize winner.
- Congratulations to all the winners.May these awards make you famous and help you sell lots of books. Have a great summer.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
How to Negotiate Like a Pro, Second Edition, is a finalist in the Readers Favorite Book Awards in the Self-Help category. The winners will be selected in September 2012 and the awards ceremony will be held in November in Miami at the Miami Book Festival. This is the ninth book award for How to Negotiate Like a Pro. How to Mediate Like a Pro has won twelve book awards and How to Interview Like a Pro has won twelve book awards for a total of thirty-three book awards for Mary Greenwood.